Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Layers of Chocolate!

Who doesn't love chocolate?  I only know of a couple of people who don't like chocolate (and I find it very strange).  For those who love it like me I challenge you to try this recipe http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/heavenly-chocolate-cake-recipe/index.html.  It is difficult and I recommend taking your time with each step, but it is sooooo good!

This is a layered cake and tricky to get each layer just the way you want it. My recommendation is to make the mousse and the buttercream ahead and cool them in the refrigerator while you are making everything else.  Once the cake is baking you can make the ganache and be able to take your time.  Be prepared that the ganache, buttercream and mousse yeild enough for more than one cake.  You could pick up a buttercream icing rather than make your own, but it's fun to make the entire thing yourself. 

Altering this recipe would be fun and easy as well.  You could use a mint icing rather than the marmalade layer and add irish cream flavoring to the cake batter to give it a twist.  I love reading others people's reviews so I can use their tips and tricks to perfect my attempt at the recipe. 

My mother walked in while I was baking the cake and wondered why I had almost every utensil out to bake this cake.  Once she tried it she found it was well worth the mess I had made.  Lots of fun and YUMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment