Monday, March 28, 2011

The Chocolate Oblivion Truffle Torte Recipe

I love to share recipes! Especially the ones that are really, Really good.  Here is one I tried over the weekend that I found to be decadent and delicious.  From The Cake Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum, this recipe was reprinted on this site http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/000287.html and I have to say it is a WONDERFUL addition to my favorite recipes.

It truly tastes like a chocolate truffle.  I used Belgian bittersweet chocolate, but I would try it again using a number of different flavors.  If using a basic bittersweet, I would recommend adding a drizzle of fruit puree (raspberry or strawberry would be best) to give just a touch of additional flavor, but it was great without.  The torte is extremely dense and very rich, but it is the perfect after dinner treat. 

While I had meant to serve this to my friend Tyler because we loved the torte served at Reserve (a local restaurant in Grand Rapids), my family got to it first and devoured it!!! Sorry, Tyler, I will have to make it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment